Submit your 60 second video about plastic bags & win a New Flip Camera!
In conjunction with the Save Our Shores Plastic Bag Ban Campaigns underway, as well as similar efforts in the State of California and around the world, Save Our Shores is spreading the Hey-hey-hey, Goodbye Plastic Bags message by hosting a 60-second viral video contest about the unnecessary use of plastic bags. The goal of the contest is to raise Ocean Awareness concerning the proliferation of plastic bags in our society, and to bid these unnecessary pieces of garbage a heartfelt Hey-hey-hey, Goodbye.
Submission Guidelines: Upload your plastic bag videos onto YouTube.com, send contact info & a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org, and use the subject line: Hey-hey-hey, Goodbye Plastic Bags.
Submission Deadline: July 11 (think: 7/11).
Video Requirements: Videos must be relevant to the issue of banning single-use plastic bags, be 60-seconds long, contain audio, and mention Save Our Shores either in the audio portion or by listing saveourshores.org.
Save Our Shores is honored to have these awesome environmental leaders as our judges:
- Philippe Cousteau, grandson of legendary Jacques-Yves Cousteau, carries on the Cousteau family tradition of ocean exploration and conservation through his work with EarthEcho.org, Animal Planet, the Ocean Conservancy, and more.
- Mark Stone, a Santa Cruz County Supervisor, sponsored the ordinance to ban plastic bags in Santa Cruz County, and represents Santa Cruz, Monterey and San Mateo Counties on the California Coastal Commission.
- Eric Thiermann, local filmmaker and founder of Impact Productions, has created films twice nominated for Best Documentary Film at the world renowned Academy Awards.
- Dr. Wallace “J” Nichols is a lifelong advocate for marine conservation, and current SOS Board Member, and has founded, directed, and spearheaded ocean conservation movements like Grupo Tortuguero, WiLDCOAST, and Ocean Revolution.
* Second Prize - Most Views on YouTube: A New SD Flip Camera!
* Three Runners Up - Judges Choice: Save Our Shores gear.
The 60-second Hey-hye-hey, Goodbye Plastic Bags video entries will be seen by thousands of viewers as they spread virally over the internet, increasing the buzz about the current efforts to ban plastic bags.
Winners will be announced & presented at the Save Our Shores annual Toast to the Coast celebration on August 21st, posted on the SOS website, and promoted far and wide through our big, blue network.
Find full contest details on our Video Contest page...
Hey-hey-hey, Goodbye Plastic Bags!