Where: The SC MAH @ 705 Front Street, Santa Cruz
When: Friday, Sept. 7, 5-9pm
Find more information...
The Santa Cruz MAH, the California Coastal Commission and Save Our Shores are celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Coastal Act with a First Friday event dedicated to Coastal Cleanup Day. Come enjoy live music and fun, hands-on activities, and if you’d like, sign up to help clean one of your favorite coastal beaches, creeks, or coastal lagoons during Annual Coastal Cleanup Day on Sat, Sept. 15!
Find out all you need to know and join the largest volunteer event on the planet: Annual Coastal Cleanup Day...
This First Friday event will feature:
- A poster display from the past 27 years of California Coastal Cleanup Day
- Information on Coastal Cleanup sites in Santa Cruz & Monterey Counties
- Amateur Photography Contest
- Photos from past Coastal Cleanup Day events
- Videos about protecting our coast and ocean
- Ocean and coastal related art from various local artists, including: Sandra Cherk, Virginia Draper, and Will Henry
- Live music by the Pleasure Point Brass Band: 5-6pm outsid
- Live music by Dayan Kai Band: 6:30 – 8:30pm in the MAH Atrium
- Hands-on art activities for kids and adults